Friday, May 20, 2011

Realizing

Tonight I had a sudden realization that is actually going to change my outlook on life. And it's funny how it happened. My friend Nina, who doesnt live so close to me, offered to take me home. I had a ride with someone else that lives closer but I decided to go with her. The way God works is just awesome. Imagine if i took my other ride, i wouldnt have had this realization. It's this whole chain reaction thing that if I didnt go with her then this wouldnt be happening. Anywayss, we got to my house and just started talking and talking and then the realization just hit me. It was that you don't have to know the answers to everything. If you don't know something, it's okay. Telling someone "i don't know" is completely normal. No one knows everything. We are only human and we can't please everyone. That's why I don't like saying i don't know. It makes me feel like i'm letting that person down so I'll try and find out the answer but who gives a shit, right? I mean, we can't live in a way that all we want to do is please everyone because that's just not possible. We need to focus on making ourselves happy and think that if Im happy then im happy. What also is annoying is telling people no. I hate it but I've learned that no is an answer to. Yes is not the only response. If you dont want to do something then just say no. You are allowed! This is all part of the pleasing people thing. You feel bad to say no because youre letting that person down, but if you dont want to say yes, and you do, then you are letting yourself down. You are just setting yourself up to be annoyed and unhappy with what your doing. And this final thought just blew my mind. This is how people find out who they really are. When you do things just for other people, you dont know what your in to but when you do things for yourself you discover your true self and your interests and what you want in life and other shit like that. It's like a trickle down theory. You start off by understanding that you dont need to know everything, you can tell people no and BAM! you learn something new about yourself. Honestly, after high school I did a lot of growing up and having these realizations. Being only 18 Im sure there are going to be plenty more of them but this one really gives me a new perspective on life. It gives me another way to look at things and to always try and do what I can for others but when it comes down to it I need to think of myself and do whats best for me. Thanks Nina :D

No comments:

Post a Comment